Monday, October 24, 2005

Start

"Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible." -St. Francis of Assisi (1182-1226)Italian friar, founder of the Franciscan order.
Often times we are unable to get started because we fear that the task is too much for us to handle. We have so much to do that we do nothing. We are paralyzed. Our chances to shine at work, home, in the community pass us by because we do not take action.

Has this ever happened to you? It happens to me. I feel that I do not have enough experience, assistance, support or determination to tackle the mountain of work in front of me.... Or I am just scared to fail.

The Chinese have a saying: "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step". And it is true! The best way I have found to complete a project is to start the project.

I had wanted to write a book for more than a decade. I had many ideas and outlines, but I never got started. Once I made the commitment to write "Some Assembly Required :How to Make, Grow and Keep Your Business Relationships" I did just what the quote at the top of this page says. I started small. I wrote two to four pages a day. After a week I had a chapter, and within a couple of months I had a full draft. What seemed impossible is now the reality of my first book.

So what assignment is waiting for you? Take that first step today.

Have A Great Day.

Thom Singer
www.thomsinger.com
thom@thomsinger.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great points in today's blog. I'm really enjoying reading your blog on a regular basis!