Tuesday, January 10, 2006

One Step Ahead Of The Competition

My post yesterday originally had a glitch in the calendar that showed it was posted on January 12, 2006 (which was four days in the future).

My friend Tim Homan sent me an email to point out this error, to which I jokingly replied that this is how I stay ahead of my competition,..... I operate four days ahead of them in the cosmos.

I corrected the mistake, but it made me think.....

What about the competition? Are you ahead of them or are you chasing them? What if you could magically be four days out in front of them in your marketing, prospecting, sales calls, closing and delivery? If that was possible, then you would have all the business completed before they even knew it exists.

I think if you consistently are looking for ways to out think your competitor everyday, then you can have the same results. But too many people wait to see what others in their industry are doing, and then they mirror those actions.

Don't look to your competition for how to build your business. Make them eat your dust. You only want to see them in the rear-view mirror.

Have A Great Day.

Thom Singer
www.thomsinger.com
thom@thomsinger.com

No comments: