Tuesday, June 12, 2007

66 Tips For Better Networking - #8


Smile.

This tip is simple. Smile.

I love to "people watch". Most individuals look very serious, pissed off, or overwhelmed when they are walking around in public. Few people smile. When you see another person with a smile on their face, it just makes you happy. I think that people like to see others happy, or they are at least intrigued by those who smile (wondering what they must know!).

I was walking from the parking garage to my office building the other day, and thinking about something funny my five-year-old daughter had done the day before. As I passed a woman in the tunnel she commented that "Gosh, you sure look happy!!". We both laughed and continued on our separate ways. Now every time I see this woman in the building we say "hello". This familiarity we have developed has all grown from the smile on my face.

Nobody wants to associate with others who are negative and grumpy. Even if you have personal issues that cause you to struggle, do not wear those problems on your sleeve. Instead, smile when you see other people. If nothing else it will make them smile back. I think that we all can agree that more smiles never hurt anyone!

Have A Great Day.

thom
www.thomsinger.com

No comments: