Friday, August 15, 2008

Stand Up 2 Cancer

Below is a video from StandUp2Cancer.org. They asked bloggers and writers who have been touched by cancer in their lives to submit photos for whom they "stand up for".

I appear briefly (at the one minute mark in the video) holding up a sign that says "My Mom: 1926-1984".

It has been 24 years since my mother lost her 3 year battle with breast cancer. I was eighteen years old. I still miss her.




On September 5th at 8 PM (Eastern) NBC, CBS and ABC will set aside competition and all simeltaneously broadcast, commercial free, a charity fundraiser extravaganza to benefit StandUp2Cancer.org. I like seeing groups come together for a good cause. Kudos to the three broadcast networks for doing this. I will tune in.

Have A Great Day.

thom

No comments: