Friday, May 08, 2009

Star Trek


Okay, it is true.

I am a Trekkie. I have been since 5th grade when my teacher, Mr. Moorhead, would discuss the daily Star Trek reruns on KTLA Channel 5 (Los Angeles) with the class. (Yes, see what they teach you in public schools!).

I have seen every episode of the classic Trek. Same is true for "Next Generation", "Voyager" and "Enterprise". I have seen all the movies (yep, odd numbers sucked, even numbers rocked!). Had there been action figures when I was a kid, I would have had them.

Proof I am a Trekkie? My wife (also Trekkie) and I went to see the new Star Trek movie on opening day. The IT guy at vcfo has not even seen the movie yet. Yep, I beat the IT guy to Star Trek.

I had been worried about seeing the movie, as the hype had been huge about this flick. Usually Hollywood lets me down. But the movie was great. I wont go into details, as I don't want to spoil it... but it was great. These actors did more than mimic the Shatners and Nimoys, but instead nailed the characters.

Live long and prosper....and good luck!

Have A Great Day.

thom

2 comments:

Kim Haynes Hollenshead said...

Charles and I saw it tonight and I totally agree. It was great!

Anonymous said...

You're a lucky guy! I still have to wait til next week before I can enjoy the movie.

And now after your post I'm even more eager for it than before :-)

Have a great day ;-)

Frank