Friday, May 29, 2009

You've Got The Power

You've got the power... to make somebody else feel wonderful.

A friend sent me a very positive and encouraging note following my presentation / seminar, "Smart Visibility", that I conducted this week in conjunction with the Austin Business Journal.

He said:

"I am so glad I attended yesterday. You are good, really good. ..... Your affability and presence are powerful. Love that you make your audience laugh and you have great energy. It was terrific attending. ....Well done, Thom."

He did not need to send me this email. It only took him a few minutes, but it made my whole day much more special.

It reminded me that we all have the power to lift up the people we encounter on a daily basis. We don't have to do this. We could cut them down or just be indifferent. But when we use our power to encourage and praise others, we make the world a brighter place.

Find a way today to raise another person's spirits. All you have to do is show them some respect and they will smile inside and out.

Have A Great Day.

thom

No comments: