Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Cool Things My Friends Do (Week #115) - "Making Rain with Events" by Scott Ingram

Each week on this blog I enjoy highlighting some of the cool things my friends do in their personal and professional lives.


As a huge believer in the power of live events, I am excited about my friend Scott Ingram's new book "Making Rain with Events: Engage Your Tribe, Create Raving Fans and Deliver Bottom Line Results with Event Marketing" (Now available on Amazon.com).

I have known Scott Ingram since the early days on my journey as a speaker, and he has been one of those special friends who always believed in my efforts.  Scott was the founder of "NetworkInAustin" and is a successful salesperson in the technology industry (in addition to his more important role as a husband and the father of two daughters).

The completion of this book is the fulfillment of a long-term goal for Scott, and it was exciting to be part of the project (I am the author of a Chapter 5: "Setting The Tone For Connecting").  He has complied some great information from a variety of experts in sales, marketing, and the meetings industry and this book is a "MUST READ" for all event professionals.

It is with great excitement that I tell you about this book as week #115 of "Cool Things My Friends Do".  I suggest you order your copy today and dive into the content.

Joe Pulizzi, Founder of the Content Marketing Institute and Content Marketing World says: “Every marketing executive who invests in events as part of their marketing mix should do themselves a favor and read this book.” .... and he is right!!!

Have A Great Day

thom singer

1 comment:

Scott Ingram said...

You are an amazing friend Thom! Thank you for this, and for all of your contributions to this book project. See you tomorrow (with book in hand!)