Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Cool Things My Friends Do (Week #125) - Dr. Deborah Gilboa

Each week on this blog I enjoy highlighting some of the cool things my friends do in their personal and professional lives.

It has been some time since I have written a "Cool Things My Friends Do" post.  This is due to my focus on the "Cool Things Entrepreneurs Do" Podcast.  Today I am sharing this new post and also promoting an upcoming podcast interview. In this "Cool Things" I am writing about a new friend (we just met via a Twitter introduction), who will soon be a guest on the show.  While the podcast interview is about a month away, I could not wait to share some information about this fascinating person.

Dr. Deborah Gilboa (popularly known as Dr G) is a medical doctor, author, parenting expert, mother of four, and a keynote speaker.  Although we have not met yet in person, we had a great phone conversation, and I was impressed with her deep entrepreneurial spirit.  This woman does not sit back and hope things will happen, she goes out and creates opportunities.

It is not often you meet a doctor who earned her undergraduate degree in Drama and then worked for Second City.  But that is because Dr. G is not average.  

In addition to an active medical practice, she speaks regularly on parenting and youth development.  Deborah appears often in parenting publication (ie: Parents Magazine) and on television and radio.  She has also authored three activity books based on her 3R’s of Parenting; Respect, Responsibility and Resilience. These “little books” are popular go-to, user-friendly parenting advice. Teach Resilience: Raising Kids Who Can Launch!, Teach Responsibility: Empower Kids with a Great Work Ethic, and her latest, Teach Respect: That’s My Kid! were designed for today’s busy parents with age specific tips and ideas for building character in kids.

Check out her YouTube Channel for awesome short videos on parenting topics.  In these short videos she shares useful tips on a variety of topics.  Her straight-forward style is delightful, and I wish I had heard some of these tips when my own kids were younger.

I look forward to having Dr G as a guest on the podcast and getting to share more of her story with my listeners.  Subscribe to the show now on iTunes so that you will be alerted to when her show appears in mid-May.

Have A Great Day

thom singer


No comments: